First term of the academic year is finished, after finals and long winter break – getting back into the swing of studying and course schedule can be a struggle. Here are some tips for tasks that can get you back on the path to a successful school year.
- Get organized. Establish a routine. Make sure you are managing your time well each week.
- Plan your calendar. Plan ahead for the big course projects and exams – avoid late procrastination.
- Be social. Keep connected with classmates and friends. Student engagement is a huge factor in academic success. But of course, don’t let yourself get behind in class because of too much socializing.
- Visit your professors / teaching assistants during office hours to introduce yourself. This will help you be accountable. Knowing your educators now will be beneficial when you need you support later.
- Map out your plan to graduation. Seeing the journey ahead of you can release stress about the unknown.
- Research career options and job search resources. Getting a better picture of the what your future will look like can offer you motivation now.
If you are still in high school, check out this blog post from collegevine.com “mid-year-survival-tips-for-high-school-freshmen”