Your college applications are submitted, the next step is “The Waiting Game.” Waiting to hear back on admissions decisions. You might feel excitement, nervousness, relief or uncertainty. Remember to stay confident and try not to worry. You still have some work to do. Ensure you are preparing for the next steps and monitoring the process.
Weekly digest of information and resources for college applications, education success and financial aid.
Follow the included links to find articles to learn more.
Be alert and responsive.
Ensure that you are ready to receive, record and respond to any and all messages from the college campuses to which you applied. Many colleges use a messaging system that is contained inside their student online portal. Set up your online student portal at that campus and check for messages and tasks. Set up your own schedule to log in and check your message inbox. Colleges may send you emails that include deadline tasks and requests for more information. Make sure they are NOT going to spam or getting lost in your busy inbox.
Check your U.S. Mail box too!
You cannot miss deadlines.
- Be aware of admissions’ office deadlines about your application.
- Submit any additional documents colleges request.
- Check your SAT/ACT scores are sent.
- Check your FAFSA is complete and made available to colleges.
- When is your final transcript needed by your college?
Learn more about waiting lists:
- Financial Aid - if you have not yet applied - now is the time!
- Chance to learn more about the campuses to which you applied - keep researching for your right fit!
"This amazing opportunity allowed me to reach my ultimate goal of receiving my Masters degree. Coming from a low-income family, this could have just been a dream but with Future Sacramento it became a reality." - Monica, Whittier College