Extraordinary responses to the coronavirus pandemic have displaced students and upended educational access. The Class of 2020 high school seniors (as well as high school juniors) are challenged to prepare for college at home, away from college counselors and college preparatory teachers.
Future Sacramento is providing resources and information to help the students our community make Distance Decisions for their College Choices for Fall 2020 (and beyond). Donate to help displaced students.
Each potential college will lead students down a unique path, following its own timeline, toward an exciting new reality. Your choice of where to enroll will not make or break you. The most important action is what you do when you get to college. Avoid myths when choosing your college.
Don’t pick a school based only on:
- brand name recognition (does not mean it is right fit for YOU)
- the look and feel of campus (this does not ensure a quality education or that it will land you a great paying job after school)
- convenience of location (a school further from you may have more benefits for you)
- enrollment choices of friends (do not be a follower, select the right fit for you)
Check out blog posts about Distance Decisions
More information about College Admissions will be posted here.
- Distance Decisions : What makes a good college? April 21, 2020
- College budget 101 April 21, 2020
- Distance Decisions – College Choice Financial Fit April 21, 2020
- Distance College Prep April 21, 2020
- How Covid-19 is changing college admission for Fall 2020 and beyond April 21, 2020
- Distance Decisions – College RSVPs April 20, 2020
- Distance Decisions: Compare & Contrast Campuses – Academics April 20, 2020
- Distance Decisions – College Choice : Graduates & Student services April 10, 2020
- Distance Decisions – Visit Virtually April 9, 2020