March 2: The most important deadline for Cal Grants is March 2.
Weekly digest of information and resources for college applications, education success and financial aid.
Follow the included links to find articles to learn more.
- You can check to see whether 0r not your FAFSA form has been processed immediately after submitting it online.
- The FAFSA results in a Student Aid Report (SAR), you should receive it within three days to three weeks after you submit your FAFSA form.
- Check your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy. If you don’t have any changes to make to the information listed on your SAR, keep it for your records.
- If you review your SAR and find a mistake, you will need to correct or update your FAFSA form. Learn how.
- The school(s) you list on your FAFSA form will have access to your SAR data electronically within a day after it is processed. A school may ask you to verify the accuracy of your FAFSA data - so pay attention to any and all messages that you receive from colleges to which you applied.
The SAR won’t tell you how much financial aid you’ll get, and it won’t show the details of the income and tax information if you used the Internal Revenue Service Data Retrieval Tool when you completed your FAFSA form.
FACT: The FAFSA helps you apply for federal, state, and school financial aid. It is not the only step, the FAFSA is the first step towards accessing aid - pay attention to requests for more information and make sure your documents are all accurate.
"Future Sacramento has provided me with the support necessary towards having a successful vision in life, and I am grateful for everything they have done. The rest is in my hands, and I plan to continue to achieve at the level Future Sacramento has prepared me for." - Stephen