The mission of Future Sacramento is to provide volunteer mentoring and scholarship funding to local financially-qualified students in support of their college education.
- Since 2010, we have awarded 97 annual scholarships to local students, providing $560,000 in scholarship awards.
- Future Sacramento annually provides mentoring to an average of 8 high school candidates and 20 college recipients.
The Future Foundation of Sacramento, Inc. (Future Sacramento) is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
- With only one staff person, Future Sacramento operates thanks to a volunteer Board of Directors, additional volunteers and program supporters.
- Donations stay local – only Sacramento area recipients are eligible.
Future Sacramento values are to:
- Incentivize college education for local first-generation college students and their families.
- Break down barriers to higher education, opening opportunities for professional careers.
- Meet financial need of local students and their families.
Future Sacramento is more than a scholarship program.
- We provide mentorship beginning the summer after students' 10th grade year, college graduation.
- We help students apply to and enroll in the university of their choice.
- We advocate for students to receive all financial aid for which they are eligible, before providing scholarship funding for remaining need.
- We fund renewable scholarships for up to five years in college.
- We teach students money management and the importance of responsible financial stewardship.