Before you apply
Overview of scholarship opportunityFuture Sacramento helps low-income 10th grade students become first-generation college graduates. Beyond a one-time gift for the first year of college - Future Sacramento is a robust five-year resource backed scholarship that creates a long-term connection with each scholarship recipient. We empower our students with necessary resources of long-term mentoring, customized awards, renewable funding and financial aid advocacy.
Who should apply?
What is the profile of a scholarship awardee?
- 10th grade high school student
- Plan to enter a baccalaureate (4-year) degree-granting college Fall of 2021
- First Generation College Student
- Will participate in the mentoring program
- Demonstrated achievement in academics - High School GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Low-income families with high financial need for college.
- Sacramento County or West Sacramento resident.
How do I apply?
10th grade students can access and complete the scholarship application online, here through our website. The application includes questions related to students' high school accomplishments, plans for college, family financial situation, student written short essays, school transcript and letter of recommendation.
Where is the application?
When is the application due?
Phase 1 - Complete Comprehensive Application
Deadline To Submit Application Is March 29, 2019 by 2:30pm