Before you apply
Overview of scholarship opportunityFuture Sacramento helps low-income 10th grade students become first-generation college graduates. Beyond a one-time gift for the first year of college - Future Sacramento is a robust five-year resource backed scholarship that creates a long-term connection with each scholarship recipient. We empower our students with necessary resources of long-term mentoring, customized awards, renewable funding and financial aid advocacy.
Early Registration for 2020
Who should apply?
What is the profile of a scholarship awardee?
- 10th grade high school student
- Plan to enter a baccalaureate (4-year) degree-granting college immediately following high school graduation
- Students who would be the first in their family to graduate college- "First Generation College Students"
- Will participate in the mentoring program
- Demonstrated achievement in academics - High School GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Low-income families with high financial need for college.
- Sacramento County or West Sacramento resident.
How do I apply?
10th grade students can access and complete the scholarship application online, here through our website. The application includes questions related to students' high school accomplishments, plans for college, family financial situation, student written short essays, school transcript and letter of recommendation.
When is the application due?
Phase 1 - Register for the 2020 Application - OPEN NOW
Phase 2 - Complete Comprehensive Application
- Opens Monday, January 13, 2020
- Closes Monday, February 24, 2020 by 3:00pm
Phase 3 - Pre-Interview with Semifinalists *NEW*
Phase 4 - Interview In-Person with Selection Committee
Phase 5 - Meet with Board of Directors for final selection
Where is the application?