Application Information Below
10th Grade Applicants
High School Sophomores
Application opens Monday, Feb 13, 2017 | Deadline to submit application is Friday, March 17, 2017
Who should apply?Academically strong 10th grade students from historically low-income families who lack the experience of a college education and are motivated to work with a mentor. We look for students who are in good standing with school administration and faculty, and are determined to succeed academically. A strong candidate would be one who is a community contributor, shows leadership, and is proactive and articulate when advocating for self.
Overview of scholarship opportunityFuture Sacramento helps low-income 10th grade students become first-generation college graduates. Beyond a one-time gift for the first year of college - Future Sacramento is a robust five-year resource backed scholarship that creates a long-term connection with each scholarship recipient. We empower our students with necessary resources of long-term mentoring, customized awards, renewable funding and financial aid advocacy.
- Phase 1 - Fill out application by March 17
- Phase 2 - Verification Documents ~By invitation only~
- Phase 3 - In-person Interview ~By invitation only, week of April 24~
- Phase 4 - Attend special meeting on May 4, 2017 ~By invitation only~
- Awards announced May 8, 2017
- 10th grade high school student
- Plan to enter a baccalaureate (4-year) degree-granting college Fall of 2019
- First Generation College Student
- Will participate in the mentoring program
- Demonstrated achievement in academics - High School GPA
- Low-income families with high financial need for college.
- Sacramento County or West Sacramento resident.