Check the dates below!
Phase 1 - Fill out application by March 17, 2017. This includes:
- Qualification self-check (be able to answer "yes" to all Qualification questions)
- Detailed questionnaire about :
- First Generation College Student
- Financial Need - Including family financials and financial aid information
- College admission goals
- College preparatory academics & extracurricular involvement
- Qualitative essay section - Four short essay, 100-175 words each
- Letter of recommendation - Send a request to a letter writer from the application, writer submits the letter online
- High school transcript (upload file to application)
Phase 2 - Verification Documents ~By invitation only~
- If selected the 2nd round of review, you must provide an IRS Tax Transcript - which is a report provided by the IRS of your most recent tax return. If selected, you will be asked to request an IRS Tax Transcript.
Phase 3 - In-person Interview ~By invitation only, week of April 24, 2017~
- If selected to move on to Phase 3, applicants will be contacted to set up an in-person interview. This would be a required appointment.
Phase 4 - Attend special meeting on May 4, 2017 ~By invitation only~
- Awards announced May 8, 2017